Witch hazel Uses by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Witch Hazel can be used in many, different ways. It is natural and quite inexpensive also. Witch hazel is derived from the witch hazel plant. The leaf, bark and twig is used.
When applied to the skin, witch hazel can help reduce swelling, sooth itchy skin, help repair broken skin, fight irritation and more, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Below are a few of the many household cleaning uses.
- You can remove adhesive price stickers. Saturate a cotton ball with witch hazel and hold it on the sticker for 30 seconds. The astringent of the witch hazel breaks down the sticker’s bonding agents so the paper comes off cleanly and easily.
- For a general household cleaner, combine ½ cup witch hazel, 1 cup water, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a spray bottle. This cuts through grease, kills bacteria and leaves a pleasant scent in your home. Use it in the kitchen and bathroom, says the 45 year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- For real dirty jobs, mix equal amounts of witch hazel with baking soda. Use a sponge or microfiber cloth and your cleaning job will be a breeze.
- For chrome and glass, use witch hazel undiluted. Pour a little onto to a soft cloth and apply. No rinsing is needed. Once the witch hazel evaporates, it leaves a sparkling and germ free surface.
- Use it to clean floors. Combine ½ cup witch hazel and 1 gallon warm water to clean vinyl, linoleum and tile floors.
- Clean jewelry by just dabbing a little witch hazel.
- Eliminate sunglass smudges, by filling a small spray bottle of a 50/50 solution of witch hazel and water and a drop of dish soap. Shake to mix.
- Spritz witch hazel on countertops and wipe it up with a microfiber cloth. Use it on granite and marble. It’s very gentle. Marble floors will sparkle like glass. Just spritz on a light layer of witch hazel and use a microfiber mop to wipe it onto the floor thoroughly, says the 45 year old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.