Witch hazel benefits by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL, Dial-A-Maid. Witch Hazel can be used in many ways and is also quite inexpensive and natural, says the 719 woman.com website.
Witch hazel is derived from the white hazel plant. The leaf, bark and twig is used from fluid extracts to poultices. When applied to the skin, witch hazel can help reduce swelling, sooth itchy skin, help repair broken skin, fight irritation and more, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Below are listed some of witch hazel’s many household cleaning uses.
- You can remove adhesive price stickers. Saturate a cotton ball with witch hazel and hold it on the sticker for 30 seconds. The astringent in the witch hazel breaks down the sticker’s bonding agents so the paper comes off cleaning and easily.
- For a household cleaner, combine ½ cup witch hazel, 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a spray bottle. This cuts through grease, kills bacteria and leaves a pleasant scent. Use it in the kitchen and bathroom.
- For real dirty jobs, mix witch hazel with baking soda. For chrome and glass cleaner, use witch hazel undiluted on chrome and glass mirrors, with no rinsing. Once the witch hazel evaporates, it leaves a sparkling and germ free surface.
- Use it to clean floors. Combine ½ cup witch hazel and 1 gallon warm water to clean vinyl, linoleum and tile floors.
- Clean jewelry with a dab of witch hazel.
- Eliminate sunglass smudges. Fill a small spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of witch hazel and water, and a drop of dish soap. Shake to mix.
- As a natural air freshener, combine ½ cup witch hazel, 1 cup water and 15 drops of your favorite essential oil. Spray around the house to kill odor causing bacteria and make your home smell good.
- Spritz witch hazel onto your countertops and wipe it up with a microfiber cloth. Use it on granite and marble, it’s very gentle. Marble floors will sparkle like glass. Just spritz on a light layer of witch hazel and use a microfiber mop to wipe it, says the 45 year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.