The top six myths about bed bugs, from Dial-A-Maid Cleaning Service in Evanston, Il. 60201.
You wouldn't feel embarrassed to tell your friends if you went for a hike and got bitten up by mosquitoes. You wouldn't feel ashamed to confess that your dog brought in fleas. And you probably couldn't stop complaining if you found out your house had termites.Yet imagine saying to your coworkers, "I have bed bugs"! The myths are so widespread that even though they're not true, they make bed bugs a problem of stigma and shame. So, let's start fighting them here. It's not true that:
1. Bed bugs are only in your bed. They're not picky where they hang out- you'll find them in boardrooms, classrooms, the dentist's office, Broadway theaters, and five star hotels. And in your study, TV room, living room and so on.
2. Bed bugs love a good mess. Your home or office can be so clean it chines, but bed bugs are just as happy in a spotless place as a dirty one.
3. Bede bugs are just a poor people's problem. Tell that to the actor who makes millions per movie but still contracted them.
4. Bed bugs are the immigrants fault! It used to be that bed bugs hitchhiked over the border and the royal families of Europe, immigrants, and international businessmen all made excellent transport's, but now we're passing them on among ourselves.
5. Bed bugs are only fans of cheap motels. You're just as likely to be bitten at a five-star hotel as you are at a place that rents rooms by the hour.
6. Bed bugs are just a city problem. Some bed bugs love the bright lights of the big city, but their country cousins could be waiting for you on your next rip to the suburbs or the countryside. Dial-A-Maid Cleaning Service in Evanston, Il. 60201 will keep you informed on how not to contract them in our future posts.