Storage tricks and tips by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Storage tricks are everywhere in your house. Make use of the hidden storage places in your home and you’ll not have any more clutter in various rooms, says the most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Below are a few unusual tips for storage.
- To help keep dresser drawers tidy, place several small open boxes in the drawer to act as compartments. At many home goods and dollar stores, there are various different sizes and colors of boxes that are great for separating and storage.
- Save empty toilet rolls and place them upright in your hosiery drawer. Store your different colored pantyhose and tights in them. To stop them from falling over, tie them together in groups of 4 with a rubber band. You will be able to store many more of your panty hose and tights and will be able to differentiate quickly which you want to wear for the day.
- Hang short items like blouses, tops, etc. along one half of the closet rod. This leaves lots of room to put a small chest of drawers underneath the hanging clothes, out of the way and easily accessible.
- There’s usually room to install one more shelf between the top shelf and the top of the closet. This forgotten storage space comes in handy for storing items that are seasonally or seldom used.
- Attach a multi-pocketed shoe organizer to the inside of one of your closet doors. Add a few hooks on another door for belts. Make sure to examine all your items before putting the in the shoe organizer or belt hook. This will ensure you that all your stored items are in good shape and do not need polish, heels, etc. This is a great way to store your shoes and belts, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.