Removing Unpleasant odors from your house naturally, by the 45 year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Removing unpleasant odors from your house, without any chemicals, is a very easy endeavor. Below are some of the ways to remove the odors with minimum effort, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-a-Maid.
- For kitchen odors, e.g. fish, broccoli, etc. boil about 1 quart of water and add 2 cinnamon sticks, a few slices of any citrus fruit, orange, lemon, lime and some cloves. Let it simmer and all the unpleasant odors in your kitchen will disappear miraculously. Keep the pan with the ingredients simmering while you are cooking and then after for awhile for al the odors to dissipate.
- Take a salt or cheese shaker and put coffee grinds in it. Place the shakers in different parts of the house and the coffee grinds will eat up any obnoxious odors.
- For tobacco smells, take a bowl of white, distilled vinegar and fill it ¾ high. Leave 2-3 bowls around the house where the smoke has penetrated and the smell will go away.
- Baking soda is another great deodorizer. Sprinkle it onto a sofa and let it sit awhile and then vacuum it up. Great for where your dog or cat has laid. Also, put baking soda in a sachet or a cheese shaker and put into your clothes closet. It will absorb the moisture and your closets.
- Vanilla extract, or Essential oils on cotton balls, placed in bowls throughout the house, will make your whole house smell like spring, says the 45 year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.