Quick and Safe cleaning hacks, by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL. Here is a list of cleaning hacks for those of us looking to save time and money when we clean, proclaims the 45 Year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Buff surfaces with Olive Oil. Olive Oil is a great option for cleaning stainless steel, such as pots, pans, and appliances. Put olive oil on a soft cloth and rub in a circular motion to buff out any dirty spots, says the natural Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Detox the garbage disposal with lemons or limes. Keep it clean and smelling great. Use a fresh lemon or lime, cut it into 4 quarters, and while the water is running, put the lemon pieces one by one into the disposal.
- Remove carpet stains with rubbing alcohol or vodka. First, blot the stain well. Then, pour rubbing alcohol or vodka onto the stain. Let it sit, then rinse it with damp cloth.
- Shaving cream can remove water stains from shower glass. Apply and let it sit 15 minutes. Then wipe it off.
- Baking Soda and vinegar will basically clean the tub. Mix 1 cup of vinegar, ½ cup of baking soda and hot water. Pour into an empty tub and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Start filling the tub with hot water until it is approximately 1 quarter filled. Let it sit for an additional 5 min. Release the drain and rinse immediately, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Use the same above solution for the toilet Let it soak then flush and wipe the seat.
- Essential Oils can be used to clean and sanitize the microwave. Add 15 drops of lemon essential oil into 1 ½ cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 to 10 minutes. Allow the steam to condense on the inside walls/ceilings, of your microwave. Wipe away any softened food with a sponge, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- For a quick glass cleaner, mix 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup of distilled water, and a few drops of essential oil in a spray bottle and shake well. This is an affordable and easy way to clean your windows, mirrors, or even shower doors.