Porcelain Tile cleaning as recommended by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid service in Evanston, IL. Porcelain tile is beautiful and extremely durable. It is very stain and moisture resistant, also. Porcelain tile will retain it’s sparkling finish for years, as long as it’s cleaned regularly and appropriately, says the 45 Year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. The following are some tips for cleaning Porcelain Tile, from Bob Vila.
Clean Porcelain tile regularly, as often as 2 times per week, to keep it in excellent condition. Once per month, mix ¼ cup of vinegar with 2 gallons of water and apply it with a mop. Rinse with plain water, then dry the surface completely with a clean, dry mop, says Dial-A-Maid.
There are different types of Porcelain tile, unpolished, polished and glazed.
For the unpolished Porcelain:
- Vacuum or sweep the floor completely to remove dirt and dust.
- Taking a section at a time, saturate the surface with the vinegar and water mixture or a commercial cleaner made for Porcelain.
- Allow the cleanser to soak into the tile for about 10 minutes.
- Scrub the stained areas with a soft bristle brush.
- Mop up the dirty cleaning solution and rinse with hot water.
- Dry the tile with a clean microfiber towel or mop.
For the Polished or Glazed Porcelain:
- Vacuum or sweep thoroughly. Then dry dust mop.
- Using hot water and the cleanser of your choice, mop all the tiles well.
- Loosen any heavy soil with nylon bristle brush or toothbrush.
- For any stains, use vinegar and water.
- Mop with clean, hot water to remove any cleanser before it dries.
- Dry the surface with a clean towel or microfiber cloth.
Do not do the following:
- Never use any ammonia or bleach or any acid based products. These can alter the tile color or stain the grout.
- Never use detergents or wax cleansers.
- Never use any steel wool to clean stains and grout. This can become embedded in the tile and cause rust stains.
Following these suggestions by the premier Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid, your Porcelain floors will remain in tip-top and clean condition.