Making a bed by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-a-Maid. Making your bed may sound like a simple task, but doing it neatly and correctly involves a little know how, says the 45 year old residential house Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-a-Maid.
Below are some steps to make a bed perfectly, as wikiHow website states.
- Start by clearing everything off of the bed. Be sure to take off pillows, stuffed animals, comforters, etc. However, leave the fitted sheet on the bed.
- Make sure the fitted sheet is tightly tucked around the corners of the mattress. Lift the mattress slightly to achieve this. Make sure the fitted sheet sits smoothly on top of the mattress, without any creases or wrinkles.
- Take the top sheet and spread it evenly over the bottom sheet. Remember that the large hem goes to the top of the bed. If you have patterned sheets, the pattern side should face down, so you can see the pattern when the top of the sheet is folded back.
- Fold the end of the top sheet tightly under the mattress, making sure it is smooth. Making hospital corners means a specific method of folding the end of the top sheet under the mattress. Grab a piece of the top sheet away from the bed. Lift it up and fold this section of sheet over the top of the mattress, so it forms a 45 degree angle from the corner of the mattress. Holding the folded piece of sheet in place on top of the mattress, tuck in any sheet hanging below the mattress on that side of the bed. Tuck the hanging edge of the sheet smoothly between the mattress and box springs, all along the side of the bed. Repeat on the opposite side of the bed.
- Place the duvet or comforter on top. Make sure the duvet is spread evenly over the bed, with the same amount of overhang on each side.
- Fold the top sheet and duvet down. Take the edge of the top sheet at the head of the bed and neatly fold it back over the top edge of the duvet or comforter.
- Fluff and place your pillows back at the head of the bed.
By making your bed each morning, your room will look more tidy and organized, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-a-Maid.