Magic Eraser Cleaning Tricks by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL. Magic Erasers are made of melamine foam, which is used for insulation and soundproofing. Sometime ago, someone discovered that melamine foam was also an effective abrasive cleaner. It works because, when melamine resin cures into foam, it’s micro structure becomes hard as glass, acting like a super fine sandpaper on stains. The abrasive foam loosens up dirt and grime and the open micro structure of the foam sucks it in and traps it, says the 45 year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Below are some effective ways to use Magic Erasers. Generic or name brand, magic erasers are composed of the same melamine foam. So, save some money and buy the generic brand, says the Premier Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Remove scruff marks from walls and baseboards. Use them to thoroughly clean all your baseboards. Your baseboards will end up looking practically new.
- Remove marker, pen, and crayons off the walls and furniture.
- Remove stickers and residue from glass.
- Clean hard to clean fiberglass shower floors.
- Polish silver jewelry and remove tarnish from jewelry and silver utensils.
- Clean residue off dry eraser boards. Remove stuck on permanent marker from whiteboards too.
- Remove scuffs, pen marks and dirt buildup on leather couches, shoes, purses and luggage.
- Clean countertops and other finished surfaces.
- Remove graffiti spray paint.
- Clean keyboards, mouses, and other electronics but not the screens. These will scratch.
- Remove soap scum from the shower and glass door.
- Remove stains on clothing.
- Scrub the tile grout.
- Clean glass stovetops.
- Remove coffee, tea, and other stains from countertops.
- Scrub plastic and metal patio furniture.
- Clean car interiors, wheels, paint scratches.
- Clean RV’s and boats, inside and out.
- Remove stuck on bugs from cars, and house siding.
- Remove ink and paint stains from hands.
All of these uses for Magic Erasers have been proposed by Jillee, in One Good Thing.