Kitchen Cleaning tips by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL. Our kitchens are one of the most used rooms in the house. So, naturally, they tend to get dirty and cluttered, especially after eating, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Below is a quick and fast way to clean the kitchen, after we eat.
- Assemble all your kitchen supplies together before you begin to clean. Use a basket or caddy and have all the cleansers, dishcloths, scrubbing sponges, and different cleaning solutions to contain everything you need. This saves an immense amount of time, Dial-A-Maid says.
- Run a sink of hot soapy water. If you have a double sink with a garbage disposal on 1 side, make sure to use the disposal free side. Deeping the disposal side free will let you scrape leftovers down the drain quickly.
- Scrape off all the dishes into the trash or garbage disposal.
- Put the most heavily soiled dishes on the bottom and the less dirty ones on top of the soapy water, so the dirty ones will be ready to wash immediately, says the 45 year old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- While the dishes are soaking, go through the kitchen and clear trash from the floor, countertops, cupboards.
- Using an empty basket, gather all the items that do not belong in the kitchen.
- Put away all the items that belong in the kitchen that are misplaced.
- Load the dishwasher or wash by hand. If washing by hand, recruit other members of the family to dry and put them away as you wash them.
- Wash down the countertops, appliances, sink, stove tops, etc.
- Rinse out sponges and rags. Put them in the dirty laundry, if necessary.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor and mop if needed.
- Take out the trash. It’s a good idea to empty the trash each night, so as not to smell and to attract insects, says the Premier Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
You are done with quickly cleaning and sanitizing your kitchen. A thorough and more comprehensive cleaning can be done once per week, though.