If you ever isolated in your home on a cold, snowy winter day, the two most inexpensive cleaning solutions that you would want to have would be baking soda, and white distilled vinegar. With these two items, you could go through your house and clean it immaculately.
Baking soda and vinegar are the yin and yang of cleaning ingredients. One is alkaline and the other acid, the two coincide to clean up a storm. What one does not clean, the other cleans. Baking soda shines metal surfaces and fixtures, unclogs drains, removes odors, and removes caked-on food buildup. Vinegar fights stains, scum, mildew, and germs and can make windows shine. Both are gentle on most surfaces and materials, but are very powerful when combined to spotlessly clean the toilet bowl.
Both of these inexpensive cleaning solutions are staples in most peoples kitchen cabinets. Try to keep a shaker of baking soda and a squirt bottle of vinegar and water at your kitchen sink and try some of the following tips:
* Sprinkle baking soda in an empty sink, give the sink a brief scrub with water and a damp cloth and rinse with clean water. This is good for both ceramic and stainless steel sinks.
* Dust baking soda on your cutting board to remove any odors or stains. Let it stay on for at least 30 minutes and then rinse well with warm water.
* Spray vinegar on non-marble counter stains and let it soak for a few minutes before rinsing off.
* Wipe fingerprints and toothpaste off bathroom mirrors with a spritz of vinegar. Wipe off with newspaper.
* Pour vinegar in the toilet tank to keep odors away.
These two inexpensive cleaning solutions are used by one of the oldest and most prestigious Residential Cleaning Services in Evanston, Il.