Lemons used for Cleaning are very healthy to use. They not only are chemical free but they also leave a delightful, fresh aroma after their use, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL. Lemons can actually replace several cleaning products in the home and they accomplish the same, spotless cleaning effects, proclaims the 45 Year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Here are some more uses for fresh lemons and lemon juice, that can safely be used for cleaning in the house.
- Give your dishwasher a boost by filling a dishwasher safe container with 1 cup of lemon juice. Set it on the top rack and run a load as normal. Your dishes will be clean and shiny, says the Foremost Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Remove hard water stains from your faucets by spritzing lemon juice on them. Wait 10-15 minutes, then wipe them off. Your faucets will become sparkling and clear, Dial-A-Maid says.
- Pots and pans will glisten by sprinkling some coarse salt on a cut side of a lemon and rubbing all over the copper, aluminum or brass pot. Rinse well and dry. This method will remove tarnished spots immediately, also.
- Since lemons smell so fresh, use them as an air freshener. Fill a pot with water, a few lemon rinds, and your favorite herbs, spices, or extracts. Bring them to a boil, then simmer on the stove for an hour. The whole house will smell divine, Dial-A-Maid, says.
- Wipe the floors clean by mixing 1 part lemon juice, 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water. No harsh chemicals whatsoever. The vinegar smell will quickly fade. This is ideal for people with kids or pets, Dial-A-Maid, proclaims.
- Clean grill grates easily. Turn on the grill on high, then rub with a cut side of a half lemon, sprinkled with salt. Use heat safe tongs to scrub with, so as not to burn yourself.
- Keep insects out of the house by squeezing lemon juice on window sills and doors. This will deter the insects from coming inside, Dial-A-Maid says.
Lemons are great for their scent and antiseptic properties, so start to use those leftover rinds and juice, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.