Green, Silver Cleaning recipes by the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Green, silver cleaning is easy and quite effectively accomplished with just a few kitchen staples. This method is totally green and therefore great for the environment and for your silver, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Below are listed a few green, recipes for cleaning silver, that have been used for quite a few years.
- Organic toothpaste on a flannel, cotton cloth, is a great replacement for any store bought silver polish. Take a little toothpaste and squeeze it onto the flannel cloth and rub gently into your silver piece. The tarnish will come off quickly. Wash with warm, sudsy soap, rinse and dry well.
- Make a paste of Baking Soda and water. Dip a microfiber cloth into the paste and rub it onto your silver. Again, the tarnish will come off.
- Use a non-aluminum dish and place some aluminum foil, with the shiny side up, in it. Boil 1 liter of water and 2 tablespoons of Baking Soda. Put your silver or silver piece into the dish, and add the boiling water mixture. Let it soak for ½ hour. The electromagnetic reaction removes the tarnish. Our silver pieces will come out tarnish free.
- Instead of baking soda, use 1 cup of white, distilled vinegar and boil it in a liter of water. Turn off the fire and then drop your silverware into the boiling water and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- The last green, silver cleaning method is to mix 1 part alcohol and 4 parts water together. Rub this mixture onto your silver piece with a clean, cotton cloth. The tarnish on your silver should quickly evaporate, says the 45 year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.