Everyday uses for Castile soap by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Castile soap is made from vegetable oil rather than from animal fat or synthetic detergents and comes from the Castile region of Spain, where it is made from pure olive oil. Olive oil is the traditional base. Although, the soap can also be made from coconut, hemp, avocado, almond, walnut or many other vegetable oils. More and more people are looking to earth friendly alternatives in place of chemical cleaning, says the 45 Year old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Below are some ways to use castile soap to replace lot’s of cleaning products in your home. These uses were all in the website of Live Simply.
- All purpose cleaning spray can be made by filling a spray bottle with warm water, then adding a few teaspoons of castile soap and some drops of your favorite essential oil. This is great for counters in your kitchen and bathroom, sinks, stovetops and even toilets.
- Shower scrub is made of mixing 2-3 tablespoons of castile soap with ¼ cup baking soda for a non-toxic shower scrub.
- Handwashing dishes is easy with just a little bit of castile soap. It works wonders for a sink full of dirty dishes.
- Castile soap can replace both shower gel and shampoo.
- Just add 1 tablespoon castile soap to 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray liberally your veggies and fruits. The dirt and pesticide will be removed quickly.
- For a dog shampoo. Mix 1 part castile soap and 3 parts water to shampoo your dog.
- For a handsoap refill. Put ¼ cup castile soap into your hand soap bottle and add ¾ cup water.
- For a floor cleaner, mix ¼ cup castile soap in a bucket with warm water and mop.
- Ant repellent spray. A few sprays of castile soap will kill ants and spraying the backs of your countertops and letting the castile soap air dry will deter then from coming back, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.