Eliminating dog odors from your home by the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. It is possible to eliminate dog related odors, with a bit of effort and strategic smelly thinking. Below are a few ways to help eliminate the unpleasant pet odors in your home, by the 45 year old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Vacuum and mop all of your hardwood, linoleum, and tile floors to remove all the loose debris that your pet has tracked in from the outside, i.e. dirt, hair, and their own dander. If you sweep, be careful, not to kick back the dirt into your house’s air. After vacuuming or sweeping carefully, mop all the hard surfaces to remove any of the dust and debris you’ve missed.
- Vacuum, for sure, all your carpets well. Carpets harbor an incredible amount of hair, dust and dander, so vacuum every square inch of carpet in your home, including any area rugs. Also, vacuum well all your furniture, including all the cracks and crevices.
- Steam clean all the carpets in your home, to get out any odors that have become trapped in the carpet’s fibers, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Wash any fabrics, couch cushions, pillow cases, bed linens, and anything else that is machine washable. Be sure to dry everything completely before putting it back where it belongs.
- Your pet’s bed is the smelliest item in the house, as your dog is constantly coating it in hair, dander, dirt, saliva and urine. Wash your dog’s bed in the washer. Then, machine or air dry completely, whichever your particular dog bed requires. Once you’ve washed the cover, treat the cover with a stain repellant. This will keep it cleaner and smelling better.
- Airing out your home will help reduce pet related odors. Open every screened window in your home, as well s any doors that you can. Turn on all the ceiling fans.
- An air purifier can help pull lots of the dander and debris out from the air in your home, which will thereby help keep your home smelling better, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.