Dust Proof your home with these methods, by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL. Keeping dust under control isn’t just an aesthetic thing. It is also an allergy thing. Here are some tips to keep the dust mites under control in your home, by the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Skip the heavy drapes and curtains. They both tend to capture all the dust floating around your room. Replace them with blinds or shutters, which you can easily clean, says the 45 Year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Wash your bedding in at least 130 degree Fahrenheit, weekly. Add washable allergen covers to your mattresses and box springs.
- Replace furnace filters, least every three months. Forced air heat systems are wonderful for blowing around dust. Installing a pleated fabric or paper filter which carry an electrostatic charge, capture and attracts dust. Manufacturers recommend that filters be changed every 3 months and checked for dirt and congestion monthly, especially if you have animals in the house, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Closets are harbors for dust. Consider storing items in plastic containers or bags and keep the floor clutter free, so you can vacuum it easily. Winter coats should be kept in cloth bags to keep the dust out and under control, but to let the coats breath, proclaims Dial-A-Maid.
- Beat or shake out area rugs, pillows and cushions regularly. Tumbling pillows in a hot, drier controls dust mites and it also fluffs them up.
- Upholstered furniture is a haven for dust. Wood, leather, and vinyl furniture is a much better choice. All three are easy to wipe down, says the Premier Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Vacuum with a hepa filtered, vacuum cleaner. This hepa filter picks up most all the dust and dander and encompasses the dust within it’s filter.
- Feather dusters and yarn or string mops push the dust around and don’t capture it. Swiffers and microfiber mops grab the dust, much better, proclaims the Foremost Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.