House dust mites are microscope bugs that live on dead skin cells that are regularly shed from humans and animal pets. Dust mites are harmless to most people. They don't carry diseases, but they can cause allergic reactions in asthmatics and others who are allergic to their feces.
Beds are a prime habitat. A typical mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside. 10% of the weight of a 2 year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings.
Mites prefer warm, moist surroundings such as the inside of a mattress when someone is on it. A favorite food is dander, both human and animal skin flakes.
Humans shed about 1/5 ounce of dander (dead skin) each week. About 80% of the material seen floating in a sunbeam is actually skin flakes.
Dust Mites are not actually harmful. However, medical significance of house dust mites atrises because their microscopic cast skins and feces are a major constituent of house dust that induces allergic reactions in some people.There is a genetic predisposition to dust mite allergies.
Some of the symptoms of allergies to dust mites are: hay fever, watering eyes, runny nose, sneezing, asthma, itchy,red eyes, nasal congestion, itchy nose, postnasal drip, cough, swollen, blue-colored skin under the eyes, facial pressure and pain.
Dial-A-Maid has a unique mattress cleaning system, which is used all around the world. We use a sophisticated UV-C germicidal light, the same light that is used to kill bacteria, viruses, Anthrax spores, sterilize medical instruments, etc. We use high frequency sound and incredible suction to remove dust mites, dust mite eggs, fungal sports, viruses and other harmful bacteria embedded in every mattress, regardless of it's age.
One out of 4 Americans suffer from some type of allergy. Don't be one of them: Let Dial-A-Maid sanitize and remove the dust mites from your mattress, so you can have an allergy and dust mite free, peaceful sleep.