Rubbing Alcohol is one of the most potent of virus killers, says the Best and Most thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Rubbing alcohol also is one of the most underrated cleaning products. It’s kept in the first aid section of stores, not in the cleaning aisle. That’s because isopropyl alcohol also acts as an effective disinfectant for cuts. Ethanol or isopropyl alcohol are the primary ingredients in rubbing alcohol. The other ingredient is denatured alcohol.
Below are some amazing, cleaning uses for rubbing alcohol.
- As a homemade disinfectant- mix 1 part rubbing alcohol to 1 part water in a spray bottle. Use it to disinfect points of contact, such as light switches, door handles, toilet seats, and other germy areas.
- Add rubbing alcohol to a soft, microfiber cloth and wipe down stainless steel appliances, going with the grain. It removes fingerprints and dries quickly.
- Remove hair spray from mirrors and tiles with rubbing alcohol. Dampen a cotton pad or cloth with rubbing alcohol and wipe away the sticky hair spray.
- Remove frost from car windows by mixing 1 part rubbing alcohol to 5 parts water. Spray the solution onto your exterior car windows and mirrors. Wipe with a cloth and allow it to dry. Your windshields should be frost and ice free for up to one week, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Clean sinks and chrome with rubbing alcohol. Spray rubbing alcohol in the sink to clean, disinfect and shine it. Use a dry cloth to buff the ink basin as well as the chrome finishes.
- Spray rubbing alcohol on dry-erase marker boards and the dried up markers will come off. No need to purchase a dry erase board cleaner.
- Remove ink and permanent marker stains from a garment. Simply soak the area with rubbing alcohol for a few minutes. Then, blot the stain up with a clean paper towel, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.