Deep Cleaning Kitchen cabinets by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Kitchen cabinets continuously collect dust, dirt, grease, splatters. Over time, this mixture sticks to cabinet surfaces, like a glue and it can be difficult to remove, says the 45 Year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Unclean kitchen cabinets can pose a health risk. Bacteria like salmonella can contaminate cabinet handles and knobs. Kitchen cabinets need simple, regular maintenance, says the Most thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Ideally, you should wipe down the exterior of your cabinets every week. But every few months, the interior of your cabinets needs a deep clean. the idea of emptying all your kitchen cabinets may sound overwhelming, but, if you take one cabinet at a time, it’ll be a lot easier, says the premier Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Below is a way to deep clean your kitchen cabinets, without too much hassle.
- Empty each cabinet, beginning with the highest one. Remove any torn or discolored shelf lining. Vacuum out the cabinets and then wipe them down.
- Wash the interior of the cabinets with warm water and mild soap.
- Rinse with another clean, damp cloth. Wipe dry with a microfiber cloth, so no water is left inside the cabinets.
- Wipe down dusty cans and containers with warm water and dish soap on a damp cloth.
- Throw out any expired items. Dry everything before replace them in the cabinets.
- Leave the cabinet doors open for 1 to 2 hours to fully dry, then replace the contents.
If there is a build up of grease, an orange oil cleaner can help. Apply and leave it sit for 20-30 minutes to penetrate the grease. Or, use a Magic Eraser to gently scrub away the grease. Abo scraping the grease with a scrapper, since this increases the chance that you will damage the cabinet’s finish, says the 45 year old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Dusting your cabinets at least once every 2 weeks with a soft cloth will cut down the need for a deeper cleaning.