All too often, the hallway becomes a dumping ground for things you're in too much of a rush to sort out when you arrive home. Prevent hallway chaos and keep your hall organized and clutter-free by following these tips developed by Dial-A-Maid cleaning service in Evanston, Il. 60201.
1. Store in a closet. Your first line of attack for a clutter-free hall is providing somewhere to stow coats, jackets, hats, scarves, and bags. A hall closet is the best solution, or, use wall-mounted hooks.
2. Be neat. Encourage the family to hang up their outdoor clothes as soon as they come into the house.
3. Dry off wet clothes. Never put damp clothes away in a closet or they'll get musty and mildewed. Attach an over the door hook to the hall closet or to another door and hang wet outdoor clothing there.
4. Keep up with the seasons. Don't waste precious space by keeping out of season outdoor clothing in the hall. Instead, sort through what you've got every spring and fall, and store the things you don't need.
5. Be selective. Don't use the hallway as the place to store all the family's accessories. Select the bags, scarves, and hats you use regularly and put the rest in drawers and closets elsewhere in the home.
6. Use a shoe rack. If you have a shoes-off rule in your house, place a shoe rack in the hallway to keep shoes neat.
7. Pick up the mail. If mail is delivered through a door letter slot and lands on the hall floor, don't leave it there to add to the clutter. Pick it up and put letters in a tray to deal with later. Recycle junk mail and unwanted flyers.
8. Use a basket. Have a basket at the bottom of the stairs to collect things that have to be taken up. This keeps the hallway clutter-free. These tips were all proven to be effective in Evanston, Il. 60201 by Dial-A-Maid cleaning service.