Cleaning a kitchen sponge by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Cleaning your kitchen sponge regularly is a must. Kitchen sponges can be a mecca for germs. To keep a kitchen sponge clean, disinfect it at least once per week, says the most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Here are 5 ways to clean a kitchen sponge, including high heat and natural ingredients, according to Better Homes and Gardens.
- Soak your kitchen sponge in full strength vinegar for 5 minutes. Rinse out the vinegar and then thoroughly rinse out the kitchen sponge in warm water and let air dry.
- Bleach is also great for cleaning kitchen sponges. It kills viruses, mold and mildew plus bacteria. Start by mixing ¾ cup bleach in 1 gallon water. Soak the sponge 5 minutes. Rinse well in warm water. Always work in well-ventilated rooms when cleaning with bleach.
- Using the microwave is another great way to kill bacteria in a kitchen sponge. Soak the sponge in water first before putting it into a shallow microwave safe container. A dry sponge might start a fire. Microwave 5 minutes. Then let it cool for 15 minutes. Remove the kitchen sponge from the microwave and ring out the excess water.
- Disinfect a sponge in boiling water. Bring 2 cups water to boiling in a pot. Place the kitchen sponge in the boiling water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Allow it to cool completely in the water, then remove the kitchen sponge and ring out the excess water.
- Cleaning a kitchen sponge in a dishwasher is the easiest solution of all. Place the sponge in the top rack and run the machine through a heat-dry cycle to disinfect the sponge. The longest, hottest cycle is the most effective but any dishwasher setting will kill the germs in your kitchen sponge, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
Call Dial-A-Maid, 847-869-6243, email@example.com, or visit www. Dial-A-Maid.com, for the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL.