Clean Up the Earth Now, says Dial-A-Maid Cleaning Service in Evanston, Il. 60201. Here are some simple things we all can do that will have worldwide consequences.
* Think reusable. Use cleaning cloths instead of paper towels.
* Use concentrated cleaners. Cleaning chemicals that you mix in your own spray bottles with water are what professional cleaners have been taking advantage of for years. They save a lot of packaging and bottle-lugging, and save money too. Supermarkets are now beginning to carry many different varieties of concentrates. Use them!
* Recycle the cleaning product containers that can be recycled.
* Dispose of leftover or outdated cleaning products safely. Check with your local Environmental Protection Agency as to how and where.
* Take care of everything you have. Get good quality tools and equipment to begin with and keep them clean, maintained, and repaired. And keep your home furnishings and surfaces clean so dirt and grit won't degrade and damage them. This will double the life of most things and drastically reduce both the need for new purchases and the solid waste problem. Much of what we throw away became tossable through neglect.
* Don't use more of any cleaning solution or preparation than you need. It doesn't just wast water and chemicals, it won't do as good a job. If you add more to the water than the label says, it won't just leave dulling detergent residue and call for extra rinsing. It'll actually lessen the solution's dirt-dissolving power.
* Don't procrastinate. Waiting to clean almost doubles the energy and cleaning supplies needed to accomplish the job. Cleaning when it's first needed is easier on us and the environment too.
* Clean up after ourselves. If from today on we would all take just five minutes at work and five minutes at home to just pick up after ourselves, we wouldn't have to waste needless energy and chemicals later on.
Dial-A-Maid Cleaning Service in Evanston, Il. 60201, strongly suggests following the above to, indeed, make a start to creating a Greener Earth.