Just as there are different qualities of chrome, there are several chrome cleaners. Dial-A-Maid Residential Cleaning Service suggests a few selections, but it's up to you to test and determine which of them will get the job done.
1. Use rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth or paper towel. If you don't have alcohol, you can use vodka to clean chrome.
2. Baking soda on a damp cloth will get chrome clean. Wipe it on, then wipe it off with a damp paper towel.
3. Rub a hard-to-get smudge with the shiny side of a scrunched-up piece of aluminum foil. After using foil on chrome, wipe the chrome with a damp paper towel, you'll actually see the dirt on the towel. When you scrunch up the foil, make sure there are no sharp points sticking out that might scratch the chrome.
4.In some Chinese restaurants, the waiters pour leftover tea on the table to clean it. They know that strong black tea at room temperature is a good cleaner. You can use it on chrome to cut grease and add shine.
5. Rub a damp and crunched-up piece of plain newspaper on chrome-trimmed glass fixtures or furniture, and clean the glass as well with the wet page. Both the chrome and the glass will be clean and lint free.
6. Remove rust stains from chrome by rubbing them with distilled white vinegar on a soft cloth.
We here at Dial-A-Maid Residential Cleaning Service in Evanston, IL. are dedicated to maintaining and preserving your home's beauty and value. We care! call us at 847-869-6243 today.