Evanston, Il 60201,effective techniques for emptying and cleaning the refrigerator. The following tips will make your fridge cleaning a lot easier, as suggested by Ellen Sandbeck in "Organic Housekeeping".
1. Put raw meats on plates before you put them in the refrigerator. Meat should be stored on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator where its juices can't drip down on other foods. If your fridge has wire shelves, you might also want to consider putting your milk cartons on small plates or coasters to prevent drips from running all the way to the bottom of the fridge.
2. Wipe up spills, crumbs and spots immediately with a clean damp cloth, then dry the area with a clean cloth.
3. Clean off bottles and jars before you put them back in the refrigerator. It is much quicker to rinse off a ketchup bottle then to wipe ketchup out of a narrow door shelf.
4. A semi-empty refrigerator presents a wonderful opportunity to wipe down the shelves with a wet soapy dishrag or water and vinegar.
5. If a piece of fruit melts down in your produce drawer, pull the whole drawer out and empty it. Wash the drawer in the sink, dry it, then slide it back into place.
6. Wipe spills and crumbs out of the freezer immediately. If you are lucky, you will catch the spills before they freeze.
Dial-A-Maid Cleaning Service in Evanston, Il 60201, has been practicing and promoting these techniques and tips for over 44 years to all of our customers.