Chandelier Cleaning by the best and Most Thorough Residential house Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Chandelier cleaning should be done, at least, on a yearly basis. The crystals can accumulate lots of dust and dirt throughout the year. The best time to clean a chandelier is whenever you see it start to be foggy. When you turn on the chandelier, it has lost it’s crispness and brightness. You will know it is time, says the 45 year old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Below are some tips for safely cleaning your chandelier.
- Items to assemble to clean your chandelier are a stepladder, a blanket, 2 large bath towels, a needle-nose pliers, some cleaning cloths, and a large dishwashing bowl and dishsoap.
- Switch off the light switch to your chandelier before you begin.
- Place a blanket under your chandelier.
- Using your stepladder, and being very careful, start to take off each crystal from your chandelier.
- Place each dirty crystal from your chandelier on one of your bath towels. Start to wash each crystal in your dishwashing bowl, fill with dish soap and water. Be very careful with each crystal. They will scratch if you do not handle them carefully.
- After you very carefully wash each crystal, rinse them out under cold water. Dry each one crystal individually with a soft, cleaning cloth. Place them on your clean bath towel, to additionally, air dry. Be very careful. You can easily damage your crystals, says the Best Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Reattach each crystal to your chandelier. If you need your needle-nosed pliers, use it at this point. Step back and admire your chandelier. It should be sparkling and clear, when you switch your light switch back on, says the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.