Borax Powder Cleaning by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL. Borax is naturally occurring mineral that is primarily mined from evaporated lakes in California and Turkey. It is used in many different commercial applications as well as in household cleaning products, professes the 45 Year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. Borax is safe as long as you handle it with same care as any other cleaning products, using it in a well-ventilated area, wearing gloves, etc. Borax can be found in supermarket aisles, at a very reasonable cost. Below are a few of the many cleaning uses of Borax, as proclaimed by Jillee on her web site.
- Clean your carpets by adding ½ cup of Borax per gallon of water, along with the carpet cleaning solution in the carpet cleaning reservoir.
- Sprinkle equal parts of Borax and sugar anywhere you suspect roaches, water bugs, and ants are entering into your house. The Borax will deter them from coming into your house.
- Kill weeds growing in your sidewalk cracks by sprinkling Borax in them.
- Get rid of sticky, gooey, adhesive residue with a mixture of 2 parts Borax and 1 part water. Rub the mixture until the adhesive dissolves, then rinse clean.
- Gently clean porcelain and aluminum cookware with rubbing a little Borax onto a dishcloth and scrubbing the cookware.
- Freshen up the fridge by mixing 1 quart warm water and 1 tablespoon Borax. Your fridge will be deodorized and smelling fresh.
- Scrub showers, tubs, and tile by sprinkling Borax on a damp sponge as you would any powdered cleanser. The Borax will clean without scratching the surface.
- Remove rust by mixing 2 tablespoons borax, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and enough water to make a paste. Apply the paste with a sponge or scrubber to the rusted items and scrub until the rust is gone.
- Clean outdoor furniture by mixing 1 teaspoon of dishsoap, 1 teaspoon of Borax, and 1 quart of warm water in a spray bottle. Spray the outdoor furniture well and wipe it clean with a damp rag and rinse thoroughly.
All of the above cleaning projects can be accomplished by using the age old powder, Borax, says the renown. 45 Year old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service, Dial-A-Maid.