Cleaning your home with Baking Soda, by the Best and Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL. Baking Soda helps with cleaning in two ways. As a mild alkali, it helps get rid of dirt and grease easily. If you keep it as a powder, it has a mild, abrasive effect that gently cleans surfaces, says the 45 Year Old Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid. It’s a natural product and a food, so it’s safe to use on different surfaces with no worry of toxic chemical effects. Below are a few ways that Baking soda can be efficiently and effectively used in the home, proclaims the Most Thorough Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Unclog a slow drain by pouring a cup of baking soda into the drain. Then, heat up a cup of vinegar and pour it on top of the baking soda. After 15 minutes, flush with a pot of boiling water.
- As a natural bathroom cleaner, combine 1 2/3 cup baking soda with ½ cup dish soap in a bowl. Stir in ½ cup of water, 3 tablespoons vinegar and continue mixing to combine in a squirt bottle. Apply this cleaner to most bathroom surfaces, excluding natural stone surfaces, says the foremost Residential House Cleaning and Maid Service in Evanston, IL., Dial-A-Maid.
- Hair brushes will come out clean and sanitized, by mixing a teaspoon of shampoo and a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup. Using a pen and scissors to bring the hair debris and dust from the brush to the surface, scrub the hair brush with a clean toothbrush and rinse well.
- Whitening teeth is another way to use baking soda. Baking soda is a mild abrasive and when mixed with water, removes surface stains from teeth that make your teeth appear whiter. Many commercial tooth pastes have added baking soda to their formulas.
- Wash your store bought, produce in baking soda, vinegar, and water. Soak your fresh produce in this solution for a few minutes, then rinse well.